Seedballs for Bees
A selection of native wildflower seeds chosen to attract bees. The mix uses only species recommended by the Bumblebee Conservation Trust, and includes both early and late summer flowering plants. All seed is responsibly sourced in the UK and the steel tins are manufactured in London.
Wildflower species include:
Foxglove Digitalis purpurea - Perennial, flowers May - Sept
Viper’s-bugloss Echium vulgar - Perennial, flowers June - Sept
Birdsfoot trefoil Lotus corniculatus - Perennial, flowers April - Sept
Wild marjoram Origanum vulgar - Perennial, flowers June - Oct
Red clover Trifolium pretense - Perennial, flowers April - Nov
- A simple way to grow wildflowers from seed.
- Clay ball (plus added chili) naturally protects seed from predators, such as ants, birds and slugs.
- Easy to use - no need to 'plant', just scatter on top of soil or compost.
- Ideal for garden beds and planting pots.
- Each tin contains 20 seed balls.
- Each seed ball contains approximately 100 bee mix seeds.
- As a guide at least twenty seed balls per square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 - 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot.
- For best results, scatter in the spring or autumn.
£0.65 will be donated to the Bumblebee Conservation Trust with the purchase of this item.